There is no one formula that works for every person in every course. Variability will happen based on your level of experience and comfort with the specific subject being taught. Use the recommendation below as a baseline and adjust as necessary.
(1) Separate your time into 2.5 hour blocks and allocate as follows: - 2 segments for each course webinar (2 or 3 webinars per course); - 1 segment for course Q&A review; - 1 segment to review your notes and compile pearls. This would mean at least 18 hours for a 2-webinar course, and 23 hours for a 3-webinar course.
(2) Spread your blocks over 2-4 weeks. Experience every webinar at least twice. We recommend experiencing the streaming video the first time; then you might choose an alternative format for the second experiencing (e.g. perhaps listening to the MP3 file while you follow along on the printed slides and transcript, highlighting areas of strongest interest). Hundreds of clinical references and studies are reviewed in the development of each clinical course. Throughout the course slides, you will see curated hyperlinks and references in the slide footer to guide you to particularly helpful, further learning. Where available, some of the most important technical references for you to explore fully will be captured as Documents on the course page itself.
(3) Make sure to take all your notes in a single place - an electronic file is preferable for the long term as it allows for easy searching. Plan to take all your notes in a single place for ease of future reference and noting themes as you proceed. Here is the study segment order recommended in your Semester Guide:
1. Experience streaming webinar number 1 fully. Take notes.
2. Experience streaming webinar number 2 fully. Take notes.
3. Review all posted Documents thoroughly. Download Handouts you may wish to use in your own practice.
4. Experience webinar number 1 for the second time. Refine your notes. Explore notated references of particular interest to you.
5. Experience webinar number 2 for the second time. Refine your notes. Explore notated references of particular interest to you.
6. Review all existing, posted Q&A thoroughly. Continue to take new notes.
7. Review all of your Notes at once. Look for themes. If necessary, post a new Q&A on the course page if you need clarification that is not captured in any of the existing ones. (Please note that specific client/patient case inquiries cannot be supported in this tool.)
8. Plan a date in your calendar 3-6 months in the future to return to experience each of the webinars for a 3rd time.